Saturday, January 28, 2012

Guilty Pleasure Reads + My Reading Challenge

First off:

Hello! How's everyone's January going? I can't believe it's almost over! Are you still sticking with your resolutions? Most people give up after a month. Even if you're stumbling, keep going, going, going! You can do it, woohoo! But you 2012. Yooou need to slow down. We're in no hurry for you to leave us either. It'll be the end of the world before we know it, if you keep this up. Well, actually... Unless your planning on sloooowiiinng doooownn for summer. Then that's okay.


Now my guilty pleasure readings:

L.S. Smith. The author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, ect. I just finished The Forbidden Game, I'm starting on The Return part of the Vampire Diaries, and I have the Secret Circle book on my to be read shelf.

But really, I'm embarrassed I read them and honestly I don't know why. I love her side characters. Her main characters, the heroine and her love interest... They frustrate the tar out of me! I want to give them a shake through most of the books. But something about her writing makes me want to come back to it and slush my way through the whiny female lead and the overly sappy male love interest.

I know tons of people love the books - obviously, because most of them have a TV series to go along with them - and I know I'm just one person with one small opinion. So, read them if you want. If not, that's okay, too. Join me in my eye-rolling.

New Reading Challenge:

My new reading challenge is going to be an ABC reading challenge. Read books with titles in order of the alphabet. I don't know what A is going to be yet, but hopefully when we go to Barnes and Nobles today to pick up a book for my English paper, I'll find one. I'll post a picture here when I find on there or on my bookshelf. Wish me luck!

Are you doing a book challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment